Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seeing Double :D

Today was my first ultrasound during this surrogacy journey. It was confirmation of heartbeat/s and to see how many babies there were. The day definitely started out quite frustrating. The clinic that I usually go to said that they had called my fertility clinic weeks ago and made them aware that they didnt do the type of ultrasound I needed done and no one made me or my IF's aware of this. So we all came to find that no appointment was ever remade. Needless to say, hours later we finally got a copy of my ultrasound order and were able to squeeze in an appointment today just shy of noon.
I was very nervous during the ultrasound. The technician wasnt really saying too much and she left the room to grab another technician. I started to worry, wondering if she couldnt find any heartbeats. But finally she told me and my IF's that there was two sacks and that it was twins with strong heartbeats! I about cried, I was so happy for the fathers! I know that they both were hoping for twins and I couldnt feel more blessed then to be able to give them their wish of that! I go back in one week for a followup ultrasound just to make sure the babies are growing like they should be.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Looking forward to following your adventure.

    ReplyDelete