Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shall we wait?

Patience. Its a good thing I was blessed with some.
I am doing my first surrogacy journey. This has been something Ive wanted to do ever since I was a child. There is no greater gift than to give the gift of life! I hated seeing so many people have children that didnt want them or barely cared for them when there was so many people out there hurting. Hurting because they couldnt have children of their own. So now that I have a wonderful son of my own, I can help people that want nothing more than to have a family.
I started looking into being a surrogate quite some time ago. I found an amazing agency and started working with them in late August of 2010. It was alot of running around, getting medical records and filling out tons of questions. But I managed to get it all done in a weeks time. After that came a brief waiting period. The agency had to find me a person/couple that matched my criteria and such. I was then matched by the beginning of October with two amazing people! They came to my house and met my family before Halloween. It felt as if Ive known them my whole life. Thats when I knew I was destined to do this, especially for this couple.
After our first meeting, we all waited for contracts to be drawn up. It took a couple weeks and my couple took a short vaca. I got to travel with my boyfriend across the country to the clinic where the whole pregnancy transfer will take place. This occurred on January 2nd. Suprisingly, we were stuck back in the "waiting game" once again. The egg donor took a super long vaca and decided to sit on her contract for a couple weeks after. It was very frustrating, but its all apart of the process.
So hear I am, its February 9th, and now we are waiting on a minor set back. I was supposed to start my hormone shots this past Monday. I will be on shots for a little over a month and then the transfer/pregnancy will take place! We all have our fingers crossed for good news tomorrow that we may move forward and start the shots. The anticipation is killing us all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Angela! Glad to be following along! Good news is coming your way...I can feel it! :-)

    ReplyDelete